Thursday, May 2, 2013

Well, it has been a long time since I have posted and a lot of proverbial water over the bridge. It is my hope to post weekly from here to eternity, or as best I can manage that. I suppose a spiritual awakening of sorts finally happened for me...I decided I simply had to get back to church, and so did the research (opened the phone book, scanned whatever looked good and said, ok, here). Sort of. I did open the yellow pages and found the name Gideon Gaitano, a pastor I was familiar with. Last I knew the church he pastored, New Life Community Church, was in Dallas, PA, but I was willing to make the travel. I did the online thing to get directions, and found out they purchased a Catholic Church building, St. Casimirs, about 10 minutes up the road from me. I went, it was great, I'm back. I'm also back at Celebrate Recovery, a Christian 12 step program. I am facilitating a step group for family members affected by substance abuse, ala Al-Anon, but Christ centered. I can tell it is going to be an amazing journey and my posts from here on out will often be directed to that audience, or at least what I am learning...how gracious God is to provide the support we need when we need and least deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment